Referral to the Early Years Team

Anyone concerned about a child's language and/or communication development can use the appropriate questions on the development tool to see if a referral is needed.

If concerns are about speech development, fluency/stammering, voice, selective mutism and eating/drinking you do not need to use the development tool. Instead, please fill in the referral form and explain your concerns there.

Referrals are only accepted with parental consent and if the child has moderate-severe difficulties with their speech, language and/or communication skills.

You can also visit Talking Point which can help you to decide if your child might need speech and language therapy.

All referrals must be made via the CITS using the referral form

Quick links